AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm stumped.  I requested a developer of a website to add Google Analytics to a site, which is static and not WordPress or other content system.  Gave him the UA # as well as the full code.  

He informed the site already had Google Analytics and granted me access to a property in Google Analytics account.  There is data in the analytics account.  However, when I search the live website for the analytics code or UA, the code is not visible.  The site is westportnorfolk.com and there is no code seen in the source code.

What am I missing here?  Every site I've ever done has Google Analytics code and is visible when viewing the source code.  Can a site be gathering data for Google Analytics and not have the analytics code visible in the "view source"? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Analytics Code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen A

Its been added via an external script file

www.westportnorfolk.com/js/scripts.min.1487115124.js

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Analytics Code

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Stephen A

Its been added via an external script file

www.westportnorfolk.com/js/scripts.min.1487115124.js

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Analytics Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Bronwyn V ... is this acceptable vs adding the code at the end of the <head> 

Analytics Code

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Should be fine.. the code can be setup, configured and installed in a number of ways.
Google cant take every different scenario into account, so gives instructions for a recommended default method which should pretty much work in nearly all instances without issues.

Analytics Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again!