Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics / API Requests

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, we need to be able to provide our customers analytics data displayed inside a part of their website. The issue what we think we may have is 1. Whats the best way to do it for each (we would prefer all the api calls to be via their own api key rather than our own so we dont have alot of api calls ourselves), and in:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TUPt4LGXbOAqkYe4hYj_s-KPyhUDuJXdTt1lLihNOeg

I have noticed it has a line...

-- Per IP limits of 10 queries/second (QPS) [403 Error: userRateLimitExceeded]

Now all of the customers - we have hundreds at the moment will be making requests.. may not be too many i am not sure although as the number could grow, it may become an issue where the ip is held liable for the requests especially if we may use a floating ip to span multiple servers in a HA environment.

What would be the best way to do this... oAuth or Server to Server?

At the moment all we need to do is get default analytics queries such as visitors and traffic generated to be able to create a graph analysis of bouncebacks, returning and geniue customers.

Kind Regards

Lewis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics / API Requests

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Consider using the Google Sheets addon for Google Analytics and simply embed a chart on the website - schedule the Sheet to update daily and you have a no maintenance solution.
See the video for Building a dashboard with the Google Analytics Spreadsheet Add-on:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/solutions/google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on?hl=en
Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does that provide a json response which i can use? Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No -- it gives you a Google chart object you can embed via an iframe. No API hassles; no programming. Hosted by Google Sheets. Watch the video...you'd be done in minutes.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The issue is... We need that data for their reporting system... Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I recommend you make the api calls in the backend, populate their system daily or hourly and feed the website from cache. Your code selection depends on your environment.