Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Alternative for utm-nooverride

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

We implement the utm_nooverride parameter in a non-conventional way for one of our clients that is currently still using classic analytics. We use the parameter to attach it to BRANDED Google Search campaigns to not give these campaigns any extra credit when another campaign has been previously present in the path to conversion. Our client has a strong believe that branded search is pushed through non-branded search related efforts, like searching for specific products without branded terms.

The client will be migrating to Universal Analytics soon. And, seeing as this feature is no longer present for Universal Analytics, we are looking for an alternative that can be used for the same use case. Up to now we have been unsuccesfull in our search. Hope you can help! 

Kind regards,

Joost 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Alternative for utm-nooverride

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Joost,

First I whole heartedly agree with this statement:

Our client has a strong believe that branded search is pushed through non-branded search related efforts, like searching for specific products without branded terms.

Top of funnel drives brand at the bottom or middle. 

I would get rid of it completely and just use multi channel funnels.  You'll get the insight you need there.   Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn