Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

After years of working, suddenly recieving the "Google Analytics is sayng:No hits!" error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our site - TheWorshipCommunity.com - has been properly receiving Google Analytics data since Analytics began. We've never had any problems with the service. A little over a month ago - following no Wordpress updates or any other changes - we suddenly stopped getting info about our site numbers, & the following error appeared: "No Hits!  Property TheWorshipCommunity.com is not receiving hits. Either your site is not receiving any sessions or it is not tagged correctly." Here's the deal - it's tagged precisely as it is supposed to be - I've even brought in outside web designers to confirm it.

After spending a little over a month trying to resolve this issue, I'm going to wave the white flag & ask for community/expert analytics help. Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

After years of working, suddenly recieving the "Google Analytics is sayng:No hits!" error.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi TWC A,

When I view your site with GA Tag Assistant (a free plugin for Chrome), I see that you have 4 GA tracking codes on the site. This leads to a highly inflated pageview count, and would skew your data. You should install the plugin and address each of the issues raised by the tag assistant, for example: multiple tracking objects created and tracking code outside of the <head> tag. You may have injected multiple tracking codes via Wordpress or something, so definitely should take a look at that.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

After years of working, suddenly recieving the &quot;Google Analytics is sayng:No hits!&quot; error.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Odd. 4 different tracking codes, or the same code in 4 different locations? As far as I know, you insert the tracking code in the header, so I am unsure of how to put it anywhere else, or how to remove it from there, but I will look into it. However, would that lead to the problem I mentioned? I am getting NO tracking information - not inflated information.

After years of working, suddenly recieving the &quot;Google Analytics is sayng:No hits!&quot; error.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

It seems that you have multiple plugins installed that have GA tracking feature. One of them is "Fullestop Tracking Code Plugin". You need to go through your WP plugins and settings to find them. Make sure you have only one instance of the tracking code installed to avoid recording incorrect data as @Nicky Y mentioned.

Regarding the missing data, did you set up any filters recently? Incorrectly configured filters can block all of the traffic. Did you check the data in an unfiltered view?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It's the same code in four different locations. If you go Ctrl-u on your site and search for "analytics.js", you'll see where those four snippets are rendered. I'm not sure if this exacerbates the issue you are seeing or if it's completely unrelated, but definitely it would be something you should look into. As @Arnold M mentioned, you should also make sure you don't have filters being applied that remove your visits.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn