Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Adding google analytics to GoDaddy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I've been searching the web for a while now and I can't find anything to help me. I've got a domain and only a domain with GoDaddy and every tutorial I've found has advised me to go to the Website Builder (which I don't have) to add the tracker code to start tracking my site. Is there another way for me to add this code?

Thank you.

Katie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding google analytics to GoDaddy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Katie,

Do you have a site set up or only a domain with GoDaddy?
You need to have a site with at least one page to place the tracking code on.
Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Adding google analytics to GoDaddy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In order for Google Analytics to work, the tracking code supplied by the Google Analytics Account setup needs to be placed on every page of the website you wish to track. Without the code, Google Analytics will not receive user or usage information for the website. You will need to add the tracking code where-ever you are hosting your website.

If you are in Analytics, go to the Admin Tab > Property > Tracking Info > Tracking Code. This will give you the option for adding tracking using HTML or PHP.

If you are using a content management system, such as Joomla or Wordpress, you use the PHP method to add tracking to your website templates. If you just made everything from scratch, use the script they provide.

Alternatively, if the Domain Name is not being used for a website or if it points to someone else's website, you will have difficulty implementing Google Analytics. For example, I have a domain name setup just for email, so I cannot use Google Analytics in that instance.