Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Adding existing code to new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website was created nearly four years ago and code was placed in the website to track the analytics. However, as a new employee, no one knows which account was used to track the analytics. 

I have the account ID code placed on the site. Am I able to add this code to a new analytics account I create for myself to track our previous and current data?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris S
May 2016

Re: Adding existing code to new account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

You need access to the original account to see the data. Opening a new account would only get you a new tracker which would then need to be added.

If you do not have access there is a process for regaining access; check out this previous post here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

or you can go through a GACP.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris S
May 2016

Re: Adding existing code to new account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

You need access to the original account to see the data. Opening a new account would only get you a new tracker which would then need to be added.

If you do not have access there is a process for regaining access; check out this previous post here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

or you can go through a GACP.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn