AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Adding existing code to new account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website was created nearly four years ago and code was placed in the website to track the analytics. However, as a new employee, no one knows which account was used to track the analytics. 

I have the account ID code placed on the site. Am I able to add this code to a new analytics account I create for myself to track our previous and current data?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris S
May 2016

Re: Adding existing code to new account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

You need access to the original account to see the data. Opening a new account would only get you a new tracker which would then need to be added.

If you do not have access there is a process for regaining access; check out this previous post here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

or you can go through a GACP.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris S
May 2016

Re: Adding existing code to new account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chris,

You need access to the original account to see the data. Opening a new account would only get you a new tracker which would then need to be added.

If you do not have access there is a process for regaining access; check out this previous post here:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

or you can go through a GACP.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn