AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Adding Tracking Code to Chinese Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Morning all,

I am currently supporting the development of a new Chinese website for my employer.

Currently, we have a tracking tag on our previous Chinese website, however, the new website provider is based in mainland China and I am unsure if we are able to implement the google analytics code onto Chinese websites made in mainland China. I know they're more restrictions over there and many parts of Google are blocked.

Has anyone tackled the issue before or know of any articles?

I will not have access to the code on the site, so I would have to physically ask the website provider to add the code, and I'm not sure due to restrictions in China with Google if results would be correct.

Maybe a better idea to look into Chinese analytics tracker but then the issue is the language barrier as I'm unfamiliar with the language.

Ideas would helpful!

Kind regards,

Natalie