AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Added new website to account, now can only see most recent website tracking info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We added a new website to our account to track. Generated a new tracking code that we placed on new website. Now we no longer see the analytics from the first website. Please help.

I think we broke a link when we created/added the new website to our analytics account. The second one has the same default URL as our first website which isn't correct. How do I fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author angel p
March 2017

Added new website to account, now can only see most recent website tracking info

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, angel p,

Just to clarify, so you created a new property and placed the new ID on the new site, but the old site was not changed. Is that correct? There's no reason why you shouldn't continue to see data for the first website as nothing should have changed. Check your first website and make sure that all pages have the tracking code on it, with the old property ID.

The default URL won't prevent data from being collected. With EDIT rights at the property level, you should be able to change the value of the Default URL. This is only used in the reports and, again, does not preclude data collection.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author angel p
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, angel p,

Just to clarify, so you created a new property and placed the new ID on the new site, but the old site was not changed. Is that correct? There's no reason why you shouldn't continue to see data for the first website as nothing should have changed. Check your first website and make sure that all pages have the tracking code on it, with the old property ID.

The default URL won't prevent data from being collected. With EDIT rights at the property level, you should be able to change the value of the Default URL. This is only used in the reports and, again, does not preclude data collection.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have all the data for the first website. We can't seem to find the data for a third property with new website and Tracking ID. 

Question is if all the tracking IDs fall under one account, is there a way to only see traffic for a specific tracking ID?