AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Account not being tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've followed the tutorials of setting Google analytics. Beside, I also set up Google Tag Manager. However, my account status shows that my website is not being tracked. I'm sure I have copied and pasted the code in my website correctly and there's no typo error when I setting up the account. Please help me. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account not being tracked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
To help with troubleshooting, are you able to provide the url to your website?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 websites:

click2view.asia
contentinmotion.asia

Thank you

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.

data is being sent to UA-34669141-5, UA-80177231-1

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
www.contentinmotion.asia

Tracking code for tracking id UA-34669141-5 has been installed twice.
There is also tracking code with another tracking id installed UA-80194815-1

and the Google Tag Manager container code.

click2view.asia

Tracking code for tracking id UA-34669141-3 has been installed twice.
There is also tracking code with another tracking id installed UA-80177231-1

and the Google Tag Manager container code.

When using GTM, the GTM container code would be installed and then the GA tags would be setup within

GTM. This then means the tracking code snippet itself does not get installed to the website pages.

1) Are you wanting to use GTM for installing analytics tracking.. or the GA tracking code snippet?
2) Which tracking id are you using? Different tracking ids can be used however the tracking code snippet needs

to be configured to take two trackers into account. Are two tracking id's needed? 

3) Multiple copies of the tracking code for the same tracking id should not be installed as it will lead to inaccurate reporting
4) There are also other config issues to possibly look into once you decide on how you want to proceed with
the tracking of both websites.

@A T please refrain from giving unhelpful canned responses 
Hits might be getting sent to those properties however there are issues with the tracking implementations which is likely what is causing the reporting issues.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here