AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

ARR configuration of buffer settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to all,

I'm trying to implement google analytics, however I have a little problem with my infrastructure.

First of all, I have configured the outbound rules, and evethings works well. But I changed a configuration at ARR level.

A farm level, proxy - buffer size, I had to change the value of "response buffer of threshold", that in my case was 0, I changed it at 256kb (so it was able to write the javascript ad head level). But if I turn back the value at 0, it doesn't work. Any help will be appreciate.

Thank You

Giovanna

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Can you maybe speak more to how you're implementing GA? Are you developing a web app?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Re: ARR configuration of buffer settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an architecture with 2 ARR and several web server. The website are already developed and online.

I work in IT (infrastructure Area). I created an outbound rules according this article http://www.jcummings.net/automatically-insert-google-analytics-tracking-code-as-an-outbound-iis-rule....

And if a view the source page I sea the javascript code, only in the case that the buffer size (is > 0) (see up), if the buffer size is zero, that is my request, I'm not able to see the javascritp in the source code of the page.

Thank for you help

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I see. It is my role to advise you against such code insertion because of the following points:

- this method does not allow for any kind of customization. 

- your customers will only collect 'vanilla' data

- you essentially restrict data collection to one property.

HAVING SAID THAT

in your case the tracking code itself should take less than 1 kilobyte (around 400 bytes but allowing for UTF-8/16)

It should be safe for you to increase that buffer to, say 2K.

Again, it makes much more sense from a tracking perspective to allow for individual sites the customization they need.

Even using Google Tag Manager for ARR would eventually hit the same limitation.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan