AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

AMP tracking in GA not working anymore since yesterday

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

we've had AMP traffic tracking inside GA active for about the past 6 months, usually have about 70 000 AMP page impressions per day - all working well here until yesterday at about 7pm EST. For some reason AMP traffic is not being tracked anymore inside Google Analytics. It should be a tracking issue as we have Ads enabled on AMP only - and ad impressions here are normal. So there still is traffic on AMP - but it is not being recorded by GA. AMP also still played out correctly in the search results, no errors or anything on AMP validator. We've made no changes to the template or tracking code.

Was there a change made to how GA tracks AMP? Or is this a glitch in GA?

Thanks a lot,
Sebastian

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I too am facing similar problem since yesterday.  Traffic from AMP is not reflecting on GA.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having the same issue , we lost 50% of our AMP tracked traffic +1 to the questions of  Sebastian

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue for me too

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having traffic from AMP, but it is counting all viewed pages as just 1 to 3 visitors, when it should be 30 or more due to the volumen of pages being viewed in AMP. Same thing is happening with the visits to regular pages at a much lesser degree.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Same problem since yesterday. Something in the Google Analytics tracking for AMP pages broke, it seems specifically related to organic AMP traffic as AMP pages coming from Pinterest referrals seem unaffected. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Greetings,

Chillax Guy’s, Nothing to worry.

Its officially confirmed by Google now, that’s a temporary glitch from amp project itself.

Lot of publishers reported this issue from last night regarding this and it has been forwarded to the teams and issue has been fixed and an update has been rolled out for this fix.

Now you can see normal traffic in your reports.

Just a Huntch:

It has been reported earlier by publishers that pages with amp gets less revenue may be they are planning big this time.

May be an Update not sure:  Google may be testing to drop AMP logo from the search results Snippets.

while Testing:  it would be this way, pages with AMP logo and few amp tags  in search results returned AMP version pages, Pages without logo returned AMP versions pages. Updated signals doesn't know the format of gif's sent to google server's from google analytics may be which one to track its tracking one with or without logo. Em not sure.

I don't think its about the logo they are doing more than that sending lot to AMP pages,  perhaps few non-amp pages are also not tracking check your reports.

I don't know but that's fixed and new Algorithm rolled out for AMP you can see your traffic back.

Have fun! See yew Around.

Regards

Raman