AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

2-3 different tracking codes, with logins that just showdata from a specific code to a specific user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have a client who is looking to have his suppliers to have the ability to track the pages that their products sit on. He is looking for it to be set up with different logins that would only show them the results for their specific product pages.

I haven't had a request like this, so I don't even know if it is possible. If it is, can you point me in the direction of the forum help section that would explain how to do this? I did a search, but maybe I'm not getting it set right in the search description.

Thanks in advance

Glen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Glen S
January 2017

2-3 different tracking codes, with logins that just showdata from a specific code to a specific user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Could go about it a couple of ways. 
Depending on the number of suppliers (less than 25)

Easiest way would be a single tracking code and create a View for each supplier and apply a filter to each View to only show data for the relevant pages for that Supplier. 

The Supplier then gets added with read/analyze permissions at the View level to Supplier's relevant View.

Alternatively.. could create a new GA Account (limited to 100 GA Accounts) with its own Property, one for each Supplier and put their tracking codes on the relevant Pages 
and then add them as users at the Property level to their Property.
Current tracking code on each suppliers product pages would need to be modified to take multiple trackers into account so as to continue normal tracking and add suppliers' tracker(s) too.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Glen S
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Could go about it a couple of ways. 
Depending on the number of suppliers (less than 25)

Easiest way would be a single tracking code and create a View for each supplier and apply a filter to each View to only show data for the relevant pages for that Supplier. 

The Supplier then gets added with read/analyze permissions at the View level to Supplier's relevant View.

Alternatively.. could create a new GA Account (limited to 100 GA Accounts) with its own Property, one for each Supplier and put their tracking codes on the relevant Pages 
and then add them as users at the Property level to their Property.
Current tracking code on each suppliers product pages would need to be modified to take multiple trackers into account so as to continue normal tracking and add suppliers' tracker(s) too.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

If you coud somehow distinguish pages by displayed product than you could set up separate filtered views and give suppliers an access to corresponding view. 
e.g There could be supplier id in URL such as example.com/brand=brandA/product/123123/
Then you could set up view filter such as Include>Filter Field>Request URI contains brandA
More on filters https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow, two great answers! Thanks Bronwyn V & Дмитро Б!