Analytics
6.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

www.outvest.co.za You have been granted access to a view in Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Somehow www.outvest.co.za was added to my GA Smiley Very Happy

It is not my website and I have never heard about it.. Any Idea why its in my account please ?

This is the email I have received from

noreply-analytics@google.com

Hello,

We want to alert you that you've been granted the following access: Read & Analyse
to the "www.outvest.co.za" view of the "OUTvest (UA-97893168-1)" property of the Google Analytics account "www.outvest.co.za (UA-97893168)" by vgwillemse@gmail.com.
Please log in to Analytics at http://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ to access this account.

Sincerely,
The Google Analytics Team

This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

1 Expert replyverified_user

www.outvest.co.za You have been granted access to a view in Google Analytics account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Someone has added you to the account. As you may know, that requires an admin to manually add your email address to the account in question. Unfortunately, with only read and analyse access you cannot see the other admin email addresses to ask why you received access. If you do not wish to have access to their data then I guess you could contact someone in their communications team. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Frank K,

If you do not know the website or the person that gave granted you access, probably they made a typo while providing the access to someone else. You can remove yourself or contact to the person in case.

Regards

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

good point - there's always the remove yourself option, forgot about that! :-)

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.