Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

wrong url but it will not save the edit even though I have edit permission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is showing the wrong url (off by one letter). Although I have edit permission, and it shows "success" when I save it, it is not saving the change. I am getting no tracking information at the moment and am incredibly frustrated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

wrong url but it will not save the edit even though I have edit permission

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Where are you changing the URL in the property settings or the view settings or somewhere else?

After saving you may want to try logging out and clearing your cache and cookies.

Regarding no tracking info.. are there any filters applied to the View, that may be preventing data from tracking?
Have you browsed the website to see if you can see your own site activity in the real time reporting?
If you can see your own visits, the tracking is working and can take 24-48hrs for the activity to start showing in the standard reports.

If you cant see your own site activity, have you checked the site to see if the tracking code is property installed using a tool such as google tag assistant https://get.google.com/tagassistant/

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here