Analytics
2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

weird content in my analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was checking analytics today which I don't do often and recently I had an option to allow google to automatically be entered through wordpress. So, I look today and the content is not ours in analytics. It's all spam stuff about Trump and Russia? What is going on?

1 Expert replyverified_user

weird content in my analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @The Tattooed B,

This is nothing to worry about as it is not actually attached to your property, nor have they visited your website or performed anything bad at your expense. This is a new type of spam hitting the language settings and is shown in Analytics for most accounts here lately. It's actually a software program (bot) doing this.

Carlos, a rising star with the Google Analytics platform created this content to go more into detail. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: weird content in my analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, it seems like it's not actually tracking my content though. Is there
something else I should do?

And thank you for your quick response!

Dana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, it seems like it's not actually tracking my content though. Is there
something else I should do?

And thank you for your quick response!

Dana

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @The Tattooed B,

You are very welcome.

I would suggest using the Google Chrome browser extension, Google Tag Assistant, which is free and really easy to understand. You can learn more about the use with this technical help file

Kind Regards,

James