Analytics
2.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

webmaster - anlytics connectivity problems

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys!

I am trying to connect my analytic property to my webmaster property.

and this is what is get:

Analytic notification saying:

"Linked Site: This site is not linked to any web property in your Google Analytic account."

attached is a screenshot showing the notification i get from analytic + an image showing the site is already up and running on the webmaster tools.

site name: www.zekanim.co.il

sdfsdf.JPGsdfdfs.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: webmaster - anlytics connectivity problems

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you verified ownership of both www and non-www versions of the domain name?
Once that is done, then you need to set the www as the preferred domain in webmaster tools
and then link the www to the analytics property (make sure the website is entered into the GA Property and View
Settings pages with the www included in the domain name)
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey browyn,

Thank you for your reply!

I just checked, i noticed that indeed i have verified ownership for the zekanim.co.il domain.

Dose that mean i need to open a new property for www.zekanim.co.il?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Yes, you need to verify ownership of both and www.zekanim.co.il needs to be set as the preferred domain in search console.
if you then want to see some of the search console data in GA, you need to link the correct search console listing (www in this case) to the GA property and whichever views you want for that property) - make sure the site in GA is also entered as www for the property settings and view settings
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ill do that.

Thank you!
From now on, should i make sure i enter the www URL as a property in GA or Webmaster?
If i add another property, Is that going to affect the former zekanim.co.il property in any way regarding reports and codes?
Should i delete the former GA property and webmaster property?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Guy G
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Not sure why you want to delete the former GA property and webmaster property?

You should have both www.zekanim.co.il and zekanim.co.il in search console with www.zekanim.co.il listed as the preferred domain in the site configuration in search console.
If you need further help with how to use and configure Google Search Console, best place to ask is on the Webmaster Central Help Forum:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

In GA simply make sure the website url entered in the Property Setting page includes the www and same applies to the settings for each View Then when you link GA to Search Console via the applicable setting at the bottom of the Property Setting page, make sure you link it to the one for www.zekanim.co.il in the Search Console.

From now on, should i make sure i enter the www URL as a property in GA or Webmaster?

It depends on how the website is setup. Not all websites use www.

If i add another property, Is that going to affect the former zekanim.co.il property in any way regarding reports and codes?

You should have a read up on account hierarchies/structures

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009618?hl=en

I usually use a one to one account to property structure 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!