AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

unable to delete users in Google Analytics

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have "User Management" permissions in one of my Google Analytics account, but I'm unable to delete other users.

Normally a third column to "delete" users would be there, but in this particular account it's not there. I didn't create the account, but I'm the only user with "User Management" permissions.

Anybody knows how to delete users in that case.

PS. I've tried to untick "Edit", "Collaborate" and "Read & Analyze", but no go Smiley Sad (these check boxes are ticked and blocked)

Thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pablo S
December 2015

Re: unable to delete users in Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pablo,

Please check that you actually have got user-management permissions at account level (contrary to property and view level only).

Christoph

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Do you have permission for manage users?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pablo S
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Pablo,

Please check that you actually have got user-management permissions at account level (contrary to property and view level only).

Christoph

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hello Pablo, it's really strange. I've assumed that you can't delete user who has created account however after small test I've realized that I don't have any problems of that kind in my accounts - I can easily delete users. 

I can't check your specific account so I would recommend to chat with google representative so he can check your account and give you feedback: 

https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906&contact=1

Cheers, 

Alexey

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Christoph (webfield), you've pointed in the right direction.
I was looking at "View" level... I've checked it at "Account" level and it works

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Glad to hear!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a weird issue, I can delete all the users I have given permission to read and analyse except one user. The "read & analyse' radio button is turned grey (inactive).

Can you guys help me trouble shoot the same?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the information

unable to delete users in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also got it to work by first accepting the new terms of use from Google and then the Delete option became visible.