Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

tracking code for website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi-

I am taking over our new website as the admin and unfortunately the last person did not leave me with the login to the analytics account. I have our tracking code from our web developer...how can I create a new account with my information and the old code?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: tracking code for website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Unfortunately you are not able to do that.
You will either need to create a new account and replace the current tracking code with the new one..
Or you will possibly have to try an account recovery to gain access to the historical data in the old GA account

There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

For account recoveries, you will need to create an Adwords account to access the support options. Doing this is free and does not need to have any campaigns/account data setup and running etc.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here