Analytics
3.5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

the analytic numbers aren't reflecting accurately?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to google analytics and recently finished launching our new wordpress website. I've registered and the analytics are pointing to the right site, but why is it that the numbers aren't accurate? For example, it says that only 2 people have visited the page in the past month, but I know that to be inaccurate (myself, friends, and employees have visited on desktop and mobile multiple times in the past month). Every way I cut the numbers, they just aren't accurate. Time spent, page opens, real time, etc.

What did I do wrong? How can I see the actual numbers? Note--I actually paid our tech company to set this up for us so there really shouldn't be any errors. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

the analytic numbers aren't reflecting accurately?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can check if your analytics tracking tag is working properly using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension. Also make sure that you are looking at an unfiltered view, you may have incorrectly set up filters.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital