Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

stats from facebook and analytics not matching

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was just checking the stats on my new site - on the facebook page it shows 11 website clicks. But inside of analytics, I only get 8 in facebook referrals. 

Does this happen to anyone else ? What could be the reason for this mismatch ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michal S
March 2016

Re: stats from facebook and analytics not matching

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)

Clicks on a link are not the same as visits to a page

Eg im on facebook, i click the link to website twice within the space of about 15mins..
2 clicks on fb.. 1 session on your site and say 2 pageviews. in google analytics for your website

If I've opted out of analytics tracking or use some kind of browser add-on that blocks it.
= 2 clicks on facebook.. no sessions or pageviews in google analytics for your website

You wont be able to match two different systems of tracking to be exact.

GA is not intended to track all site traffic, its for looking at trends in site visitor data in aggregate over time.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for the perfect explanation Bronwyn! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is not the case with my site. I use to have almost the same match with Facebook. For example if I have 100 link clicks on Facebook post, that I publish, for sure this link click going to be on the end of the day include on my Google Analytics. Now If I have let's say 100 link click on FB, on google analytics, read around 50 click from social media ( FB)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So how do we overcome this problem? We can see on our analytics we have made around 12 facebook conversions, however when I look at the results of our boost posts, it says 0 conversions. I cannot believe that this is through promoting products without boosting them out to a wider audience!! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also experiencing discrepancies. For example, why are getting two different conversion results from Facebook. For example, when we view via the tabs Acquisition//Social//Conversions, we see 8 conversions. However when we look at Acquisition//All Traffic//Channels we see 4 conversions. Same date range has been applied to both. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Oh, this mess gets even better!  The adwords click stats do not even match server stats. I can see detailed server stats, # of vistors, page visits, location of visitor... Yet none of these match Adwords.  Why is that??? Nobody knows. #smellingfishyfishy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here