Analytics
5.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

setting up multiple users to Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am in partnership with two others with a website. (we live in different countries)
Only one partner can access the Google Analytic information as the site is associated with his Google Account.

Is it possible for the other two members to link the website to their google accounts so that when we visit the Google Analytic site we can each have access to the information?
I have been unable to find information regarding this.
All the best
John

Re: setting up multiple users to Google analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John,

You can add users at the account, property, or view level. The level at which you add a user determines that user's initial access.
You can add as many users as you need. If you add a user at the account level, that user can access all the properties associated with your account. Similarly, If you add a user at the property level, he will be able to access all the view associated with that property. However, if you add a user at view level, he will have access of that view only.

To add a new user to an account/property/view:

Step 1->Sign in to your Analytics account.
Step 2->Select the Admin tab and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
Step 3->In the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column (depending upon whether you want to add the user at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
Step 4->Under Add permissions for, enter the email address for the user's Google Account.
Step 5->Select the permissions you want. Learn more about permissions.
Step 6->Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you're adding.
Step 7->Click Add.

Four permissions are available that you can apply singly or in combination:
1. Manage Users: Can manage account users (add/delete users, assign permissions). Does not include Edit or Collaborate.
2. Edit: Can perform administrative and report-related functions (e.g., add/edit/delete accounts, properties, views, filters, goals, etc., but not manage users), and see report data.
3. Collaborate: Can create personal assets, and share them. Can collaborate on shared assets, for example, edit a dashboard or annotation. Includes Read & Analyze.
4. Read & Analyze: Can see report and configuration data; can manipulate data within reports (e.g., filter a table, add a secondary dimension, create a segment); can create personal assets, and share them, and see shared assets. Cannot collaborate on shared assets.

Regards,
Ujjwal

Re: setting up multiple users to Google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Ujjwal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my question. Very kind of you to share your knowledge. I will send this information to my partner who can see the analytics and have him add us to his account at an appropriate permissions level.
Thank you again.

All the best
John