Analytics
5.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

search term report conversions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to figure out why my staging environment is returning results while production is not. I've confirmed that the configurations are the same and that the collect requests going to analytics have the urls with q in them. 

I've tried checking the box unchecking with Strip params. Also tried with and without tag

Screenshot 2017-02-10 12.16.30.pngNo results on the production analytics.Screenshot 2017-02-16 16.14.20.pngconfiguration differences

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rafael David P
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jordan J If I'm understanding your questions you are asking if we're stripping out query params before analytics sends the pageview? If that's what you mean, then no we aren't. 

I'd like to understand a bit more what you mean by "custom search snippet" I don't have any specified custom search code in either environment. Do you have anything I can read on a "custom search snippet" since I'm clearly missing something. 😊

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rafael,

Do you have a filter in place on your production view that is filtering out internal traffic? 

Best,

Jordan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We do have a filter however, it is triggering off IPs. I tested my searches from my LTE service which is definitely not in the IP range. Other events from that device are coming through just not search terms. Smiley Sad

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Create an unfiltered view and see what happens.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the information. Have you confirmed that the code base is the same for both environments? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jordan, Yes I'm not seeing any differences on diff of the code bases. Still not seeing the data coming through. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

In both environments have you included your custom search snippet above your google analytics code? Are you stripping out query parameters on either of your environments (i.e search and replace filter )?  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rafael David P
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Jordan J If I'm understanding your questions you are asking if we're stripping out query params before analytics sends the pageview? If that's what you mean, then no we aren't. 

I'd like to understand a bit more what you mean by "custom search snippet" I don't have any specified custom search code in either environment. Do you have anything I can read on a "custom search snippet" since I'm clearly missing something. 😊