Analytics
6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

"Clear Browssing Data" deleted Analytics Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have had Analytics running on my site for 3 months. I ran Goolge "Clear Browser Data" today and now I cannot link to analytics. It seems all it is allowing me to do is define a new UA . Is there any way to recover what I assume is a lost file on my system? I don't have any AdWord stuff defined. I do have records of all the info used in the first definition including the 29 digit code. Ran "Clear" before but not since I defined an Analytics setup. Great function, would have been nice if there was some warning!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Having analytics installed and running on your site should not be affected by you having cleared your browser cache, cookies and similar.

Are you maybe trying to log into the wrong google account to access your analytics account?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for a reply.

I have a bookmark link that reads: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#report/defaultid/ ... a 29 "digit" number. In the past it got me to my sites analytics. This link no longer works. When I click it I get redircted to the "standard" Google setup to define a new analytics setup. I've tried other paths on different Google Analytics help articles but always get redirect to a new setup. It seems the Clear Browsing Data must have deleted something. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Clear browsing data usually clears your cookies, browser cache, form fill info etc etc so it will log you out of the google account that you may have been logged into at the time.

log into your google account, using the email address and password when you were logged in and created the analytics account and then go here: https://www.google.com/analytics/#?modal_active=none and use the Sign in option at the upper right.. click it.. and then choose the Analytics option.
If you are already logged in correctly, it should just take you into analytics interface

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm on Google, see my photo on the left and the gmail account under it. It was what I used to start my adventure with Google Analytics back in early 1/2017. When I use the link you supplied the "Sign In" option --> Analytics option, it just brings me (redirects) to the same address --  https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/provision/?authuser=0#provision/SignUp/  (I think I got the address correct). 

My site is static HTML5 and to get a new UA I'd need to update 90+ pages with the new value. My current hosting site, BlueHost, recommends I go to Google Analytics instead of using the AWSTATS interface they "support". HUMMMM 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi George.. for the most part, this is a user to user community.
I don't work for google, I volunteer my time here to help out ppl like yourself.
While i do see your photo on the left, i don't see the gmail account under it. that is private info related to your account and only you see it.. same as i have no idea what email address might be associated with your analytics account etc.

I do feel your pain re if you have to update the site with a new UA# etc and start again.
Have had it happen to myself in the past.

Best suggestion i can make is create an adwords account if you don't already have one (doesnt cost anything to do and doesnt require any running or configured campaigns in it) and then while logged into adwords, contact their support (I've found the email contact option is usually the most fruitful), and try an analytics account recovery.
More info in the linked thread by Niall on how to go about an analytics account recovery.
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

I hope by doing the above, you are able to get the issue satisfactorily resolved