Analytics
1.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

multiple domains, poorly implemented

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just started working with a company that has allowed agencies set up their Google Analytics accounts for various sites. Some I have access to, others I have view only - some of the agencies no longer exist.

There are 5 sites total - I'd like to have one master GA account and 4 sub accounts - what's the best way to set that up? Since I don't know the person who set up the previous accounts, but I can snap shot the data should I start fresh?

thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew R
June 2016

Re: multiple domains, poorly implemented

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

from a governance perspective you would probably be better off with creating new properties / accounts.

There is still the option to push data to multiple properties (on one site) so basically you would push data to a new property and the old one at the same time.

If all sites belong to a single organisation you can create one account and create multiple properties inside. If these sites are used inside some shared processes consider using only one property but add cross domain tracking support.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net