Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

lost password

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to retrieve my password for my google analytics account.  How can I retrieve it?  Is it enough to have my tracking code to set up my new website?

Thanks for the help.

Elizabeth

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: lost password

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Elizabeth E, sorry to hear you are having troubles accessing Google Analytics

Did you set up the website in Google Analytics under a different email account from your gmail or email you are accessing this community with? 

Ideally, all Google products are under your gmail account or another email provider, so logging in to your Google account would give you full access to Adwords, Analytics, Search Console, Gmail, Youtube, G+, etc.. 

Help Tips:

• Ensure you are using the correct username to access your account. If you've set up a Google Account for a non-Gmail address, your account username is the full email address used to create your account (e.g. myname@example.com). Be sure to enter the entire address, including the part after '@.'
  • Analytics requires users to have a Google Account to sign in. A Google Account can be associated with an email address from any provider. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Gmail or Google Mail account. Sign up for a Google Account.
  • If you've forgotten your password, click I cannot access my account just below the sign in area. Click I forgot my password and follow the steps to reset your password.
  • If you've deleted your Google Account or changed the email address of your Google Account, you will not be able to access your Analytics account. Please note that deleting an account will delete the Google services associated with that account. To restore your account access, create a new Google Account with the same email address and contact us with the sign in email. Please note, if your Google Account was associated with a Gmail account, you will not be able to recreate your old Gmail account. In this instance, contact us with your sign in information.

Have you tried to use the lost password reset feature? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Good to know that google accounts works with one password. I should be
fine then because I have my google account login. The account was set up
by my previous webmaster so I thought he may have used another login and
passwork

Thank you very much.
Elizabeth

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You are very welcome, @Elizabeth E.

Once you access Google Analytics, you can click on Admin (upper menu at the top of the page) and click on User Management. This will show you all of the people and emails associated with the Google Analytics account. From here, you can add or remove anyone and control your account. 

Have a great weekend and thanks for being a member of the Google Analytics community! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Likewise, enjoy the long weekend!