Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

increasing account limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company creates websites for (mostly small) businesses. We always set up an analytics account on the customer's behalf, which also helps us understand any problems they report to us. We are approaching the limit of 100 accounts analytics reports may be contained in our account. Creating a new one would would not seem to be the optimal solution for us. How can I increase the limit in the number of accounts we can house under the management of our agency login?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: increasing account limit

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jason M,

If you are not a GAP client, then it's difficult to get more than 100 accounts for a single Google login. What you could potentially do is to create another Google account, to which you would have access to another 100 accounts.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jason,

there is a limit of 25 accounts that can be created per login email. You just need another login email to create another 25 accounts. However, there is no limit to the number of accounts you can be granted access to [1].

Christoph

[1] https://brianclifton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/google-analytics-limits-table.pdf

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Christoph,

Just FYI, the new limit is now 100 GA accounts per Google account.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Nicky Y,

thanks for clarifying that. I've found this number now with Analytics Management API [1] which is in charge of account-specific issues in Google Analytics: 100 linked accounts per user. 'Linked' means created in this context, not given access to, I presume?

Christoph

[1] https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/limits-quotas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this is not correct - i tried to add and it said the account is at limit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
that was the result i experienced

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Jason M,

As I mentioned, a single Google account can only create up to 100 GA accounts. Valid options, which may or may not align with your needs, is to create a secondary Google linked account.