Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

how to replace and move a property between accounts belonging to the same admin in analytics GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

i have several GA accounts and i want to move properties from one account to another, 

is it possible

tnx

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to replace and move a property between accounts belonging to the same admin in analytics GA?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Eli,

Moving views, properties or data between GA Accounts is not possible

You cannot migrate historical data from one account to another. Thus, if you set up an account for a property and then later want to move tracking to a separate account, you cannot currently migrate the data from the old account to the new account.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152#analytics_accounts

The best you can do is to group accounts under the same email/user.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: how to replace and move a property between accounts belonging to the same admin in analytics GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you for your answer,
the account that i am talking are already under one user name (my user name), i login with my user name and see a list of accounts, each account contains several properties, or only one property
example:

account acc1
- property pr1
- property pr2

account acc2
- property pr3

i want to move the pr2 to acc2 so it looks like:
account acc2
- property pr2
- property pr3

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Unfortunately, it is not possible to move properties, views or data in Google Analytics. The only thing you can do is create a new property on the acc2 and split the data, old data will stay in acc1-pr2 and new data in acc2-newpr
Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer
Unfortunately that what I also found out

Tnx

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove contact information. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We just launched the ability to move properties between Google Analytics accounts: https://analytics.googleblog.com/2016/09/improved-analytics-administration-via.html