Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

google analytics has been removed??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

My former SEO-company had hooked up google analytics to my site, and had access.

Now, I have switched to another SEO company, and it seems that there is now, no google analytics hooked up to my site. Could it be the old SEO company who has un-hooked it, and have I lost all google analytics data until now, and are they actually allowed to delete the connection?

Best regards,

Signe

Re: google analytics has been removed??

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
It depends on how Google Analytics was setup and how much access you gave them to the back end of your website. I would begin by checking to see what UA number is currently running on the website. On the public side of your website, check the source code on any page and search for (CTRL+F) "UA-" this should tell you if there is universal account code currently being used on the website.

If not then you might have to resort to checking the terms of the contract with the former company to see if you can compel them to give you access to the old account. If you are no longer a customer, they really won't need the data and should be able to hand over Admin to you. As long as the account has not been deleted, the data should still be there and all you will need to do is reintegrate the code back into the website.

Let us know if you have any luck finding the UA account number or getting Admin from the company. Also, if they refuse to comply, there may be other forms of assistance that can be provided to you.