Analytics
5.9K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

finding owner of analytics code that is integrated in my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website already has an analytics code integrated, How can I find out who the owner is?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google doesnt give out account information for privacy and security reasons.

Are you sure the tracking is not related to a 3rd party service that is being used on your website (some platforms have their own tracking eg wix website builder or vimeo video player)

Is there anyone else that may have set it up.. a web developer you have used previously.. or some other person that has had access to the website setup or source code?

Are you able to provide the website url to allow one of us to take a look via browser?

Thanks

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have contacted my sites developer who said that he didn't set the tracking nor does the platform has any inbuilt one,
I have also contacted previous employees that had access to the sites administration tools,

None of them set up the tracking, Only the people above could have set up the tracking.

Websites url is: http://dutycom.co.il/

I can provide any evidence that is needed to prove that I am the owner of this website if needed.

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Only thing i can suggest is trying an account recovery (you wont necessarily get admin access to the account, you may only end up with read/analyze access)

You will need to create an adwords account to access the support option via the adwords interface

There is a comprehensive post by Niall in the following thread on how to go about doing this
(its the one marked as best answer)
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here