Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

employee left business and I do not have login access for our account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have a youtube channel. This channel was created 12 Oct 2010.

It was a former employee who was managing the channel and he also set up our google + page, google adwords and analytics.

He has left the company as he emigrated in 2013.

Our google accounts went dormant, I mean we no longer logged in to them and were not active users.

We were not active from approx December 2013 till mid 2015. This was when I wanted to set up a new google shopping link between our website and google products (aka product listing ads) and google analytics.

As I was setting up the merchant centre for our product listing ads I could not login to our previous (albeit dormant) google account. The passwords he had left me did not work and I could not reset via "forgot password we will email you to reset" as the email address he would have used to set up the account has been deleted. (we cannot therefore access mail, should mail even be sent there as it would bounce back as undeliverable?!)

So therefore I created a new gmail account and registered our primary email address as the point of contact. (previously it was his email as primary).

So basically we currently have:

youtube account active but cannot access
google + account active but cannot access
google merchant centre (adwords and anayltics) which is active and I can access
gmail account active and I can access

My question is how can I merge all these accounts correctly so that:

1. I am the primary user (admin)
2. I do not lose my current active merchant centre (adwords and analytics) settings. - this is important as these are live on our ecommerce website.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Richie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: employee left business and I do not have login access for our acco

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Richie :-)
I can understand your confusion and frustration.
From what I am understanding, you have access to your current Adwords and Analytics account.

Is this correct?
For help or advice on possibly reclaiming the youtube channel

(I do not know if this will even be possible), I would suggest asking on the youtube help forum
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

Is the G+ page a page for a local business with location details and reviews etc?
Or a G+ page for an organization/brand?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Guru, following that link I have been able to submit an email to google support. I will await their response!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

"From what I am understanding, you have access to your current Adwords and Analytics account.
Is this correct?"

I created a new Adwords and Analytics account as I could not access our original one which was set up in 2013 as the passwords I had did not work and I could not reset/recover password as the registered email account has been deleted. Hence I created a new account.

"Is the G+ page a page for a local business with location details and reviews etc?"

Yes correct.

FYI: I have been able to email google support so I will await their response, if required I will go and ask on the YT forum as you suggest, thanks.