Analytics
3.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

does Google see my Analytics code?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Humans can see my Analytics code, but does Google's computer see it? I says it doesn't, but it shows data, but mostly for my site's home page, and I can't specify a page of my website for an Analytics data view. I tried multiple requests to Google to check again during 3 months (I made various changes to my site to get the code to be seen, including in Content Security Policy) until Google started ignoring my requests 2 months ago, so I gave Google a rest while I did other stuff. Now I don't even see an option to ask again. I've set CSP to admit everything from everywhere for any purpose or no purpose (I'll likely restrict later). I just visited my site and yet Google says I have no visitors. The site is relatively new and so far doubtless ranks low in PageRank. I got the code only a few months ago and didn't modify it. Is it machine-visible now or how do I persuade Google to check again? The site is http://cold32.com and virtually all pages have the code. If the method I should use is complicated, I'm likely geeky enough to try it. Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: does Google see my Analytics code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

according to developer console the Content Security Policy is preventing GA script from executing.
Have you white listed it?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Re: does Google see my Analytics code?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I whitelisted all of the indicated domains several ways and I whitelisted the whole world using a wildcard and all of those efforts failed. The solution turned out to be to turn off (i.e., comment out) all of CSP. So now my website is unprotected in the way that CSP is supposed to redress, but at least Analytics and AdSense are finally working. I may try CSP out again when I see a way to do it that I didn't already do or when someone else solves whatever is getting in the way of my using CSP.