Analytics
6.1K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

deleted all accounts to Trash Can, no I cant access Admin area to restore from Trash Can

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I deleted all the accounts in my analytics. I assumed I could just go to the trash can and restore the only one I wanted to keep. But with no accounts I do not have an Admin area at the left bottom.

Is there anyway around this or do I need to start over.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luca B
March 2017

deleted all accounts to Trash Can, no I cant access Admin area to restore from Trash Can

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I went into accounts in the upper left hand corner. Found the account I wanted with a line through it. Navigated into the account and then went to the Trash Can. From there I restored it.

I originally went to Admin instead of Accounts.

Thanks for all your help. Worked fantastically once I followed the directions.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Luca B

If you go to the Admin page in analytics and create a new analytics account should be able to do so via the drop down in the first column labelled ACCOUNT, it should then restore the ability to access the trash can in the Account column so as to select or search for the deleted analytics Account that you want to restore.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did as you said, created the new account and went to Admin > Trash Can but there was no accounts in there to restore.

here is an Imgur of it:

http://imgur.com/zuOrkXQ

Worked brilliantly until I got into the Trash Can.  Thanks for your help.

Do you know where I went wrong?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luca B
March 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I went into accounts in the upper left hand corner. Found the account I wanted with a line through it. Navigated into the account and then went to the Trash Can. From there I restored it.

I originally went to Admin instead of Accounts.

Thanks for all your help. Worked fantastically once I followed the directions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That solution doent work with the new menu-system unfortunally. The account listing doensst exist in the same form so now you gotta go into admin - trashcan. But when account deleted - trashcan aint active ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

many thanks!!!!   I was making the same mistake..