AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

default view URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There ive bee trying to change my default view URL but it wont let me. i had a company which i sold (www.siproperty.com.au) and i want to put the new company in www.fnconcord.com.au but it wont let me how can i change the default view URL to www.fnconcord.com.au?

default url.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: default view URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Steve :-)
The Default View setting on the Property Settings page is the name of a particular View

To change the Name of a View -

• Then select a View from the drop down in the View column.
  • Click on View Settings below the drop down.
  • Change the View Name to whatever you want to call it so you can identify the View.
  • Change the Website's URL if necessary too.

- Also note if the website domain has changed and you want to keep tracking with the same Property,

you also need to change the Default URL on the Property Settings page and make sure the new domain

is on the Referral Exclusion List

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn,

thanks for that great info it worked.

i tried to verify the domain under search console but it keeps saying verification failed.

how can i change it so that i can verify it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Steve :-)
If the tracking code is not installed before the closing </head> tag, you will have to either move it so it is
or you will need to choose a different method of verifying site ownership in Search Console
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here