Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

changing defaul url

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when I try to edit my url in properties it does not save.  I have admin and edit privileges set up right.  I make the change the hit save, it says It was successful, but when I look at it the change will not save.

example  current url   wwwmainstreet.com  I had a typo and forgot the period after www

I try to change it to www.mainstreet.com  I hit save, but it does not change it.

it driving me crazy!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: changing defaul url

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Tested this on a few of my own Analytics accounts and everything is working fine. Could just be a bug for some users? It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong to me.

Re: changing defaul url

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jim S :-)
You may want to try logging out of analytics and clearing your cookies and cache before trying to fix it again.

Couple of other things to also be mindful of.
1) Make sure on the Property Setting page there is a Default View selected (immediately following the Default URL setting)
2) and also if you change the URL in the Property Settings and it was linked to a domain in Search Console,(last setting on Property Setting page)
this linking may no longer be correct
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here