Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

change the server - GA does not work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I changed the server. I moved the website (including script GA) . Unfortunately, after installation on the new machine statistics still show 0 users , visits, page views. Where should I look for the cause ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: change the server - GA does not work

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Monika S,

Can you please be more specific? What do you mean you "changed the server" or "moved the website". Do you mean you changed the domain? Or did you just move the pages and are serving them from a different location? As long as GA code is still on your page, and as long as your page is published with GA, then you should be collecting data.

You can check by installing a tool like GA Debugger to see if you are seeing your GA hits. Real-Time reporting also works, but is not as reliable (but will do in a pinch).
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem. When our IT department updated the A record for our domain to point to a new server addresses we stopped getting any data to GA. Please help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem. When our IT department updated the A record for our domain to point to a new server addresses we stopped getting any data to GA. Please help?