Analytics
3.7K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

account log in for new business owner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have started at a  business that has an existing analytics account according to our website company but we do not know the log in from the previous business owner.

Should I just create a new one under my gmail? or is there a way to find out who has the analytics account and get it reset?

thanks

Nicki

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: account log in for new business owner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nikki B,

You should contact the old owner to get access to the old GA. This way you could get the old data which might help you understand what is working and what is not. If they do not want to transfer you the ownership ask them to import you some of the data at least then you could go ahead and open a new Analytics account with your own Gmail.

Good luck
Trevor

Re: account log in for new business owner

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar issue, however its internal. Nobody knows who set up the account (years ago). I'm now tasked with figuring it out but I don't want to start from scratch. Is it possible to transfer ownership of the data to a new user without losing the existing data (and without knowing who owned the account originally?)?