Analytics
5K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

account credentials

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to sign in to Google Analytics as I have done for 5-6 years, I get a message saying:

Security Problem. Please try reloading the page.

We cannot verify your account credentials. Please verify your account information,

then sign in again.

I don't know what to do next.

This may be related to the fact that the university changed my e-mail address 6 months ago, and the google analytics account is registered to the old e-mail. But I don't see how to change the address associated with the account. And the address change occurred 6 months before I started having trouble with google analytics.

1 Expert replyverified_user

account credentials

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Douglas,

I suspect you are correct if you are using Google for email.  That said there is a process to get access restored.  Are you still having this issues?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

account credentials

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo

Nothing has changed, and it doesn't seem that anyone, including you and I, has any idea what is going on here.

I have the Google Analytics URL in my bookmarks folder and my password stored in Firefox (I have no idea what it is) on both my desktop and laptop.

When I click on that bookmark line both the desktop and laptop come up with a page that says "Please re-enter your password", then a box with a password concealed, and a box that says "Sign In". When I click on the "Sign in" box on my desktop I get the following URL: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/?pli=1#report/visitors-overview/a29543700w55648866p566534... and a completely blank screen, pure white, nothing there.

When I click on the same "Sign in" box on my laptop I get the following URL:

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/?pli=1#report/visitors-overview/a29543700w55648866p566534... and a box that reads: "Security Problem. Please try reloading the page. We cannot verify your account credentials. Please verify your account information, then sign in again."

Then there is a box that says "close." When I click on that box, I get to my Google Analytics page correctly.

I have no idea how to "verify your account information" and, more seriously, I have no idea why I get a blank screen on my desktop and I cannot get to Google Analytics. Both computers have accessed Google analytics without difficulty for years.

I have no idea what to do next.

And I find your statement "if you are using Google for email" odd, since you addressed your reply to my university e-mail address, not a Google address. The university changed my e-mail about six months ago, and I notice that you are using the old address, which I think my Google account is registered to, but I have no idea how to update that.

Best regards, Douglas R.

account credentials

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Doug, 

I just responded on the forum.. not sure where the email was sent.  I've seen something similar when I've had clients move to the Google platforms for education.  That said, it's probably not an issue here.

1st:  Have you tired to reset your password and try a different browser? 

2nd:  Is there someone else in your organization that has User Management rights that can add you in using a different Google Account?

3rd:  You can regain access to lost accounts by following a procedure that confirms your an approved site owner.  It may also work for you:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Go...

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn