Analytics
1.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

You don't have Edit permissions to this Google Analytics property.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am getting a page with this note 'You don't have Edit permissions to this Google Analytics property.' when I try to link my Google Analytics Account with onf Google Web Master (Search Console) property.

Any solution?

Thanks and regards,

David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: You don't have Edit permissions to this Google Analytics property.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @david r,

Let's trace out the steps and see if we can resolve your issue.

In order for you to link the Analytics and Search Console account, you have to have the site verified in your Search Console account and it has to be verified within Analytics. Next, you would follow the steps below. 

1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
  2. Select the Admin tab and navigate to the property in which you want to enable Search Console data sharing.
  3. In the PROPERTY column, click Property Settings.
  4. Scroll down to Search Console Settings. You should see the URL of your website, which confirms that the website is verified in Search Console and that you have permission to make changes. If you do not see the URL, you need to add your site to Search Console.
  5. Under Search Console, select the reporting view(s) in which you want to see Search Console data.
  6. Click Save.

Please note that you need to be using the same email address for both Analytics and Search Console accounts (even though this seems obvious). Each user has to verify themselves.

If you are still having issues at this point, let's go to the Search Console, click on the property and then navigate to the upper right hand corner (under your profile photo) and click on the gear icon. There are several helpful features here that can help identify important info. 

1) Search Console Settings

2) Site Settings

3) Change of Address

4) Google Analytics Property

5) Users and Property Owners

6) Verification Details

7) Associates

From the list above: #4, #5, #6 and #7 should be looked at for this specific issue... but all of them should be reviewed and adjusted for each property.

Of course, #4 lets you enable search console data in Google Analytics and may very well resolve your current linking issue, or at least get us closer. If the Analytics Web Property is listed here, you have access to it. If it is not listed here, there is a further linking issue to resolve, such as two different email accounts are employed. Do not click on the very bottom button to create Google Analytics account if you already have one.  

If you are still having linking issues at this point, I would clear my browser cache in Google Chrome (I would use Google Chrome and not another browser) and then log back in to the "one email account that is associated with Analytics and Search Console) and repeat the steps above (top list, 1-6 items). 

Please post back the results.

Have a great weekend, 

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear James,

Thanks for taking time and helping me in resolving this issue...

I looked at each and every points you mentioned earlier also and this is what I have from - Search Console > upper right hand corner > gear icon:

4 = "Hm. Something isn't right. We're checking into it now." I am getting this note

5 = it is showing me as the "owner"

6 = "Verification succeeded against my email id

7 = "Chrome Web Store" showing my email id against this

Point nos 4 is showing the message from last 3 days.

Do you think I should wait more?

Thanks in advance again for your time.

Rgrds David

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @david r,

You are very welcome. 

Seeing how you have had this error for several days now, I would give Google Support a try and see if they can't resolve this quickly. 

Click here to start a Google Support Chat. 

There are other Google Support options offered, too, if you need them.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further help here. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@JClemens

Hi, Hope you are doing well. I am having the same issue too. I think it started as I have two emails. I add my website to Google Search Console on first email then i created another email for website and added it there as well. Then removed it from the GSC of first email.

Could you figure it out now?