Analytics
5.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Looked back over previous post but still doesn't really explain whats happened. I'm trying to add addwords to my Google Analytics however I don't have the add link option and in User Management it says 'user management You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account' then the optio to either 'remove myself from this account' or cancel. Does this mean somebody els has access and ownership of my analytices account? I'm confused as it is linked to my Gmail account or so I thought. Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users ...

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Neil, how are things?

Are you the creator/owner of that account? If you're, that's a very strange problem indeed and should not happen.

Now, if you were provided access by someone else, probably they didn't gave full access or access at the Account level, which may justify what's going on.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro,
Thankyou for your comments. Does this mean that even though the Gmail acount that Analytics is set up with is owned by me that the adwords account linked and user management problem could still be due to someone else having access then?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Neil,

The problem with someone having access is that they may have changed your permissions. Analytics and Adwords have several levels of user permissions, and someone with admin level can change that.

You can also try to reach support by phone or e-mail on the top right corner of this page:
https://support.google.com/analytics/?hl=en#topic=3544906&contact=1

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue but i created my own account