Analytics
3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I need help finding instructions how to add a user to see analytics. Even though I set up the account two years ago I am getting this message

You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emily
You need admin permissions to ad (and see) a user to an account.

You can add as many users as you need. To add a new user to an account/property/view:

Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
Select the Admin

tab and navigate to the desired account/property/view
In the ACCOUNT, PROPERTY, or VIEW column (depending upon whether you want to add the user at the account, property, or view level), click User Management.
Under Add permissions for, enter the email address for the user's Google Account.
Select the permissions you want. Learn more about permissions.
Select Notify this user by email to send a notification to each user you're adding.
Click Add.

You can find more detailed instructions here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009702?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do you change your google analytics permissions to admin? We do not know who created this account and want it changed to admin.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Omnigon
Please see this thread of you need to regain admin access and you don't know who you gave administrator access to in the first place : https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Regaining-access-to-your-Google-Analyti...

Hoow that helps.
If you've any more questions, I'd recommend that you start a new thread rather than jump in on an existing one as you'll likely get a quicker answer in a new one. Have a great day!

You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is vitamo...?