Analytics
2.4K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There, 

I have a google analytics account which is the owner of the account. e.g. Something@gmail.com. I can log in and view the analytics with no problem. My issue is that I am trying to create a .net application to access the api data. I have created a new service account and project in the developer.Console (whilst logged in as the account owner) and have downloaded the .p12 file but I think I need to associate the new service account within google analytics. When I browse to the admin section and select user management is says "You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account". 

please can someone advise what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks

John

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John B
June 2016

Re: You do not have sufficient permissions to modify the users on this account.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi John,

You can add users on 3 levels: Account, Property or View. You should need at least user management access to add the service account to the view from which you would like to pull data.

Please also ensure that you are logged in under the appropriate account (obvious I know but it happens a lot).

It sounds like to do not have User Management Access. In Admin, you should See User Management under at least one of the areas mentioned above and when selected you should see something else than "Remove me..."

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,

Many thanks for the reply. When I select the admin option I can only see User Management under the account section and as you have mentioned I can only see "Remove me... ", Does this mean that there is another primary admin account? I was fairly certain the account I was using was the only one but we do use a marketing agency so perhaps they have the primary account and the account I am using only has view access?

Thanks

John

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi John,

That's exactly what that means. If it's your account, I would ask for full Edit and User Management access.

Hopefully the agency did not put your site under one umbrella account with multiple clients as properties.... If that's the case, ask for Edit and User Management on the property. If they still wont budge (I see it all the time) ask them to add access for the service account that you got from the dev console.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,

I will do exactly that .

Many thanks again for your help.

Cheers

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there, I am having this same problem except I am a small business and no one else has ever set up analytics. I have tried all other log-ins I have used in the past but none work. I may have signed up for analytics with a different email years ago that is no longer in use, so I am effectively locked out of my own analytics. Is there anyway around this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I am not sure, you may be best to contact Google support. My issue was that
I was not an admin on the account. I guess your original email will be the
admin user. Hope you get it sorted.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephan, I don't know if you'va managed to solve your problem but, if not, I thought this discussion might be useful to you :

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/How-to-gain-access-to-your-...