Analytics
5.6K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Wrong Email Associated with my account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Analytics account has already been associated with my email address <edited by Community Moderator>, however ever since creating a new gmail address, it now associates itself with that, and I cannot change it.  How can I re-associate it with my original account email address?

Thanks,

DCohn

This post has been edited by a Community Moderator per our Community Guidelines. Please do not post personal information on this public community.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dan C

A google account can be created with a non gmail email address; gmail is an optional service.
Unfortunately, if gmail is later added to the google account, then the gmail email address then becomes the login for that google account.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply.  So, If I delete the Gmail email account, will the GA account revert back to the original (non-Gmail) account email address?

Thanks,

DCohn

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't know.
From the following help page it would seem you can delete the Gmail email account
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61177?hl=en

However, it does not specifically state it reverts back to the original non gmail one for signing in.
So, you may want to double check that on the gmail help forum before taking any action on it
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/gmail 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here