Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Why is my Google in Spanish?

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee
This question was copied from the previous Google Analytics product forum.

Out of the blue, my Google home page randomly appeared in Spanish. I understand it, but it's not my primary nor preferred language. It turns out many people are having this same issue, or something similar alike it. I'm making an educational guess here, but i believe Google made some sort of update to it's search engine site (Google) and for some people, ended up configuring their Google to Spanish. Well, rest assure people, this can be easily fixed. If you haven't already found a solution to this issue, well then here it is... 

1) Log into your Google account
2) Open a new tab directly on the Google main search page
3) follow the link below...
4) You'll be directed to an account overview section... here you will find a "Language" section, in which you can set your primary language (saved to your Google profile). In my case, i chose English, but you will then be able to choose which ever language to your liking. 
NOTE: You might not see a "SAVE" button below the page, if that's the case then your configurations will most likely have been saved automatically. From there, just return to the Google main page, or if one of your tabs is already there, simply 'refresh' the page. It should show up as your updated primary language. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

We hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This doesn't fix it, the about pages such as this: https://www.google.com/slides/about/ are still in spanish, but everything else is in english.  You can change it to English by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting english instead of spanish but this is not a permanent solution, it only works once for that page and all other google about pages will be in spanish, including the docs about page, the drive about page, slides about page, and sheets about page.