Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Who manages the GA account for my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company owns The Golf Club at Dove Mountain. The club's website is www.thegolfclubatdovemountain.com. The website is hosted by a company call GolfNow (owned by NBCUniversal). GolfNow has indicated that there are two GA accounts associated with that website: UA-35125910-24 and UA-76641-35. I actually have access to the former, but with a low level of permission (perhaps read-only). However, neither of these accounts are admined by GolfNow, and they do not let anyone outside of their organization (even a client like myself) have access to their Google Analytics accounts. So they can't help me.

What I am needing to do is manage users and create Goals. In order to request that my permissions on UA-35125910-24 be upgraded so I can do that, I need to know who the admin is for that account. How can I find that out?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Who manages the GA account for my website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Marshall Kerns E,

Due to the privacy & security of accounts, Google Analytics does not give out account info. 

I would say that they were added by a previous worker within your company, whoever handled such tasks at the time the website was created and GolfNow was hired. One of the Analytics accounts will most-likely belong to the hosting company so they can track things and other is your companies (all which you know already, I know). 

You can follow the steps outlined here to attempt to gain admin access, but that is not an absolute that you can. 

Kind Regards,

James

Who manages the GA account for my website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@J Clemens those steps seem to be outdated - the topic was created +1.5 years ago. I have an AdWords account, but could not find the form the article mentioned. Any other suggestions?