Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Where to start?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have taken over as Marketing Manager to a group of 4 car dealerships. To my knowledge, there are no Google Analytics Accounts set up yet for these. Do I need to create a generic gmail account for each of these to start the ball rolling and then sign each one up for Google Analytics? I don't even know where to start. Thanks for any help offered!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where to start?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amy B,

I would start with using Google Tag Assistant to see what tracking codes (tags) are on each site now. This will verify before adding a second tracking code, which causes problems. 

With Google Analytics, you just create one account under your email / google account, then add properties one by one. You can have up to like 55 properties (or there about) so you have plenty of room. Each website is considered a property.

Resources:

Google Analytics Academy

Google Analytics Help Center

If you are using or planning to use AdWords, go ahead and set up the AdWords Manager Account, which will save you time and hassles. 

Congratulations on the promotion... and please do let us know if we can help further. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Where to start?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks James! I am fairly certain that there are no other tracking codes on
my sites so I did go ahead and create an account just like you said and it
worked great!