Analytics
5.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Where to check if I have a Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there
I had a web company create my website about 2 years ago.

They set up the analytics code and I have managed to find a Tracking ID but can't see where to enter it to get any tracking data. How do I know if they set up an Analytics account? I don't want to sign up and get a new Tracking ID in case the account is sitting somewhere with all the historical data.
When I log in, the Analytics page is blank (screen shot attached).
I suppose my question is how I check if I have an existing account already?Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 6.19.25 pm.png

Re: Where to check if I have a Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I have found a form to send as the link in the attachment doesn't work. But in order to submit it you need to provide a whole lot of complicated back end stuff which I have no idea how to do. I don't want access to the account yet just want to know if there is one. Otherwise I will just do a new one.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

true.

its better just go ahead and create a new one, lot easier.

Re: Where to check if I have a Google Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I only want to create a new one if I don't have an account already otherwise I could loose all that valuable historical information. So all I need to find out is if there is if I have an Analytics account for the ID which I have.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm sort of on the other side of your question Claire, but I have a similar situation and I don't think AT saw the simple question you're asking, and I wonder about.  I assigned another individual to participate in analytics and don't know what to tell them to access the Google Analytics account with that Tracking/ID number.  I too thought there would be some GA home page where after you logged in you would chose which ID dashboard you wanted to view, if you had more than one, or in this case the company's analytic data.  As Admin I able to add people to various levels of participation and do so by name and their email address, but how do they arrive at the account for this data.  Do they have to set up a GA account, then where would they find the place to chose/enter a ID to access the data, your question/and mine sort of, or do they sign in with my info, email/password - which would be totally wrong, or their email and my password.....etc, etc....  It's a simple request that seems to have a simple answer that I haven't found and AT seems to have overshot.

Take care, hope I didn't make it more confusing,

Tom