Analytics
6.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Where do I put in my user name and password??????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, I just had my developer set up Google Analytics for me. Now where the heck do I enter my user name and password? All I see is a page for me to sign up. We've already signed up. Thanks in advance I'm an idiot I know.

Jeff in Boston

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeffrey K :-))

When the developer set it up for you, did you first create the google analytics account and then send the dev the tracking code that needs to go on the site?
or
Did the developer create the GA Account and then put the tracking code on the site?

If you initially created the GA account, make sure you are logged into the Google Account you were logged into when you when you created the GA account. Then go here https://www.google.com/analytics/#?modal_active=none
and select Analytics from the Sign In drop down at the upper right.

If the Dev was to create the GA Account, then they need to add you as a user at the GA Account level with all permissions. THey need to use the same email address that is used for logging into your Google Account.
Once they do this, then they can have the system send you an email to that email address with a link you can access to log in

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem, I'm taking over our GA account.  All permissions were granted to my login, the email sent contains link to new account sign up.  Nothing for current site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You're not an idiot!  I've been trying to sign in for over an hour.  I have never been to such a difficult site to navigate!  I pay them plenty of money every month for my ad words but can't freaking sign in, nor find anywhere to actually speak to a person about my problem!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It appears Google does not like people using other browsers (such as Netscapte). From the same computer (with your cookies), use Google Chrome - go to https://adwords.google.com - in the red bar on the top of the page or in the right margin which states, 'Manage your AdWords Express ads - Your AdWords Express ads can be managed only in your AdWords Express account.', click 'view'.