Analytics
2.8K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

When will the upgrade to Universal Analytics start (or did it already)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When will Google start to automatically upgrate old Google Analytics accounts to Universal Analytics accounts? Or did they already?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When will the upgrade to Universal Analytics start (or did it already)?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
The auto upgrade has already been completed to the best of my knowledge. All accounts/properties should now be universal.
Check if the tracking code offered for a particular property within an account now displays the Universal analytics.js tracking code snippet.
Upgrading the tracking code on the website isnt mandatory at this stage however it is strongly recommended to do so.
For the moment a Universal Property can track and report data from a site still using the ga.js tracking.

There is an upgrade guide that will help with porting over various code configs here:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/upgrade/reference/gajs-analyticsjs#ecom...

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here