Analytics
2.3K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

What happens to Analytics when a Google Business Account is Deleted?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage the google accounts for @testdomain.com  so user1@testdomain.com sets up the analytics account using user1@testdomain.com.... 

now when going into google analytics it knows that @testdomain.com is a business domain and so authentication is via our singlesignon solution.

we are in the process of moving off the google apps platform - so what happens when the account is deleted? If I delete user1@testdomain.com how does the user gain access to google analytics - the account wont exist in testdomain.com even though testdomain.com will exist for XX duration? 

The statements thus far have been that analytics is independant and you can login with any address, and that is true. but if the domain is managed by google as a business account it seems google connects the two?

My current recommendation is that the user create a new google analytics account with a user1@differetdomain.com and move the property from user1@testdomain.com to user1@differentdomain.com

has anyone actually done this or is there a method that im missing. 

Thank you in advance for your time and comments.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

GA is independant, and someone can be added to the account as a user, via any email address as long as the email address is a google account.

To the best of my knowledge, there shouldn't be any need to 'move' the Property itself.

If user1@differentdomain.com or even someoneelse@gmail.com (gmail addy not being related to another google apps account) are added at the GA Account level via User Management and given all 4 available permissions, then once they have logged into Analytics using the different email address and made sure they do have full access etc.. then they should be able to simply delete user1@testdomain.com from having access to analytics via the User Management section.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thats not the behavior we are seeing - because they used @testdomain.com which is our google apps business hosted domain it wants to authenticate based on our security - so if i suspend the account they cant get to analytics - i assume if I delete the account they again would not be able to get into analytics as the account would no longer exist for authentication.

So while I see that analytics is independent if you used a google business hosted domain for your login then you are tied to it for authentication for as long as its an active google hosted domain.

I've also emailed analytics support and will post their response as well - thank you for the reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

re-reading you post - I'm pretty sure you are correct - I had found an article that covered it all exactly as you stated however it talked about moving the property from user1@testdomain.com to user1@differentdomain.com.