Analytics
4.2K members online now
Discuss regaining access to Analytics accounts, restoring accounts, changing user access levels, and navigating the homepage

Guide Me
star_border

Website views down can't explain why

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I'm very new to wordpress and GA, I've started a blog in January.

I admit I have low views like 1 a day but since I have added images to my blog posts and started to promote the blog on twitter I only seem to be seeing my own views. I understand that it may just not be getting the views but it doesn't make sense to me.

I am using a monster incites plugin on wordpress.

I tried to filter my own views out so maybe I've messed something up. 

Thanks for any help.

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Paul, we'll have to go into troubleshoot mode. So have you been able to go into your GA real-time reports to see if there is any traffic? If there is, then you could have some filters in place which block your data. If you don't see much real-time traffic, then you'll have to go and troubleshoot your tracking code, and see if you implemented it correctly. The code is pretty much copy and paste, so unless there are some errors in that process, then you should be tracking fine. Would you be able to share your site here?

Thanks!

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Nicky 

Really appreciate your quick reply. My site is www.wewinorlearn.com

I have checked real time and no views. I did try to filter my own views away but have now taken filters off. I wonder if there is a way to refresh GA to what it was at the start. I've also changed themes on WP so that might be an issue.

Will be off here for a few hours now. 

Thanks for any help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, Paul,

The tracking code looks a tad bit non-standard (different tracker name, use of SSL), but should still be fine I believe. I was able to see the "collect" go through to track the pageview, and it's going into "UA-89702082-1", so just verify that that's the property you are looking at. Google Tag Assistant also shows that the tracking is healthy. It you are still getting issues, I would probably try to use the "standard" tracking code (ie. use "ga" for the tracker name, don't use SSL, you know, call just the 'create' and 'send' methods on the tracker object first), to see if there are any issues with that.

Let me know how that goes.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Nicky great of you to help.

Will do what you say and see if it helps.

Cheers